OCTOBER 2, 2021
WORLD HIP HOP DANCE CHAMPIONSHIP
When you can’t come to us, we come to you!
Finally, after months of deliberation HHI is excited to announce the dates for the online presentation of the 2021 World Hip Hop Dance Championship.
The 2021 World Championship is open to crews who qualified at any live or online national championship. This includes all events that were conducted following the 2019 World Championship or will be conducted up until September 2021. Crews without a national championship in their country may apply to HHI for a special invitation.
Crews will videotape their routines from their favorite hometown stage and will be judged by a panel of HHI elite judges who will judge from their home countries.
Preliminary and final rounds will be held. Video submissions and judging of all routines are scheduled throughout September and the finals will be broadcast online on October 2, 2021 for the entire world to enjoy.
Registration opens July 1
Judge nominations due July 1
Registrations due September 6
Preliminary video submissions due September 6
Preliminary scoring September 11 & 12
Finalists announced September 13
Finalists’ video submissions due September 22
Online broadcast of World Finals October 2
Preliminary video submission due
September 15 & 16
Finalists’ video submissions due
Online broadcast of world finals
DIVISIONS & AGE REQUIREMENTS
Junior: Ages seven (7) to twelve (12)
Varsity: Ages thirteen (13) to seventeen (17)
Adult: Ages eighteen (18) and older
MiniCrew: There are no age restrictions – all ages may participate
MegaCrew: There are no age restrictions – all ages may participate
• A crew consists of a minimum 5 to a maximum of 9 members.
• A MiniCrew consists of 3 members.
• A MegaCrew consists of a minimum 10 to a maximum of 40 members.
• A crewmember whose age falls between two age divisions in the competition year (ending December 31) may compete in either division within that year. Example: A 12-year-old turning 13 by December 31, 2021 may compete in the Junior or Varsity division. Likewise a 17-year-old turning 18 within the competition year (by 12/31/2021) can compete as a Varsity or Adult.
• Each participant’s proof of age (indicating date of birth) will be verified by HHI.
Further details, entry guidelines and registration forms will be distributed by each HHI affiliate to all qualified crews beginning June 1.
The World Hip Hop Dance Championship is the most respected and watched in the world.
Make sure your crew and country are represented.