August 6, 2021 - August 8, 2021
August 6, 2021 - August 8, 2021
USA HIP HOP DANCE CHAMPIONSHIP
Hip Hop International invites all USA crews to compete this summer in the 19th Annual USA Hip Hop Dance Championship where the gold, silver and bronze medalists in all 5 divisions advance to represent America in the World Hip Hop Dance Championship.
Enter in Junior, Varsity, Adult, MiniCrew or MegaCrew Divisions to compete against crews from all over the United States for the chance to win the USA title. The top placing crews advance to represent the USA in the World Hip Hop Dance Championship where crews from more than 50 countries will compete for the World title. Truly an experience of a lifetime!
ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE!
The seven-days of street dance events include meeting and socializing with respected living legends and icons of hip hop dance, dancing in the Chill Down Lounge after the competitions have concluded, participating in the Urban Moves Dance Workshops presented by the most celebrated hip hop dancers and choreographers, and shopping for the latest apparel and merchandise in Hip Hop International’s Marketplace. Above all you will have the opportunity to make new friends and meet others from around the world who are equally passionate about hip hop culture and dance.
- The largest Hip Hop Dance Championship in the USA and the World
- Over 4000 participants & 15,000+ spectators
- Participants from throughout the USA and more than 50 countries
- Considered by dancers as the “Olympics of hip hop dance”
- Local, national and international media coverage
- Live streamed to over 600,000 worldwide
- $25,000 Cash and prizes and prestigious medals awarded to World Hip Hop Dance Champions & World Battle winners
- High profile celebrity dancers/choreographers in attendance
- VIP guests include the creators and OG’s of hip hop and street dance throughout the week including Toni Basil, Don “Campbellock” Campbell, Ken Swift and Viktor Manoel
- Urban Moves Dance Workshops presented by the most sought after dancers/choreographers
- Nightly after parties and celebration parties with guest DJ’s
- A crew consists of a minimum 5 to a maximum of 9 members in three age divisions - Junior (7-12), Varsity (13-17) and Adult (18+).
- A MiniCrew consists of 3 members - all ages
- A MegaCrew consists of a minimum 10 to a maximum of 40 members - all ages
- A crewmember whose age falls between two age divisions in the competition year (ending December 31) may compete in either division within that year. Example: A 12-year-old turning 13 by 12/31/2020 may compete in the Junior or Varsity division. Likewise a 17-year-old turning 18 within the competition year (by 12/31/2020) can compete as a Varsity or Adult.
- Each participant’s proof of age (indicating date of birth) will be verified by HHI.
- Crewmembers must be US citizens or permanent residents to represent the USA.
USA REGISTRATION FEE: $65 PER CREWMEMBER
Includes free entry into all USA & World Hip Hop Dance Championship events, nightly dance parties, the official commemorative championship t-shirt and an invitation to the championship celebration party.
For MiniCrew and MegaCrew members who are also registered in a crew of 5-9 crew members there is a discounted rate of $40 for the second entry. This discounted rate will only apply for the MiniCrew and MegaCrew divisions and does not apply for a second entry in any other division (i.e., Junior, Varsity, Adult).
All registration documents (online registration forms, waivers & proof of age copies) must be submitted to HHI prior to July 1 to avoid the late fee of $100 per crew. Deadlines and resulting late fees are strictly enforced.
July 1: Registration deadline for all USA Crews, MiniCrews & MegaCrews
July 25: Music submission deadline for all USA Crews, MiniCrews & MegaCrews
DIVISIONS & AGE REQUIREMENTS
Junior: Ages seven (7) to twelve (12)
Varsity: Ages thirteen (13) to seventeen (17)
Adult: Ages eighteen (18) and older
MiniCrew: There are no age restrictions – all ages may participate
MegaCrew: There are no age restrictions – all ages may participate
EVENT LOCATION & HOST HOTEL
The Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
8000 S. ARIZONA GRAND PARKWAY
PHOENIX, ARIZONA 85044
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS FOR HIP HOP DANCE CHAMPIONSHIP
The USA Hip Hop Dance Championship will be conducted under the official rules and regulations of Hip Hop International – see RULES & REGULATIONS.