USA HIP HOP DANCE CHAMPIONSHIP
phoenix, arizona – august 4-6, 2017
Hip Hop International invites all USA crews to compete this summer in the #1 Hip Hop Dance Competition in America!
All you need to do is register!
Enter in Junior, Varsity, Adult and MegaCrew Divisions to compete against crews from all over the United States for the chance to win the USA title. The top placing crews advance to represent the USA in the World Hip Hop Dance Championship where crews from more than 50 countries will compete for the World title. It’s an experience of a lifetime!
EVENT LOCATION & HOST HOTEL
The Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
8000 S. ARIZONA GRAND PARKWAY
PHOENIX, ARIZONA 85044
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
(subject to change)
FRIDAY, AUGUST 4
9:00am – 5:00pm – USA Registration & Sound Check
7:30pm – 9:00pm – USA Opening Ceremony
SATURDAY, AUGUST 5
9:00am – 10:30am – Preliminaries – Junior Division
10:30am – 2:00pm – Preliminaries – Varsity Division
3:30pm – 6:30pm – Preliminaries – Adult Division
7:30pm – 11:00pm – Preliminaries – MegaCrew Division
SUNDAY, AUGUST 6
9:00am – 1:45pm – Urban Moves Dance Workshops
6:30pm – 11:00pm – USA Hip Hop Dance Championship Final – All Divisions
11:30pm – 2:00am – USA Celebration Party
DIVISIONS & AGE REQUIREMENTS
Junior: Ages seven (7) to twelve (12)
Varsity: Ages thirteen (13) to seventeen (17)
Adult: Ages eighteen (18) and older
MegaCrew: There are no age restrictions – all ages may participate
• A crew consists of a minimum 5 to a maximum of 9 members.
• A MegaCrew consists of a minimum 15 to a maximum of 40 members.
• A crewmember whose age falls between two age divisions in the competition year (ending December 31) may compete in either division within that year. Example: A 12-year-old turning 13 by December 31, 2017 may compete in the Junior or Varsity division. Likewise a 17-year-old turning 18 within the competition year (by 12/31/2017) can compete as a Varsity or Adult.
• Each participant’s proof of age (indicating date of birth) will be verified by HHI.
ONLINE REGISTRATION – USA HIP HOP DANCE CHAMPIONSHIP
USA CREW/MEGACREW REGISTRATION STEPS:
- The USA CREW LEADER ENTRY FORM must be completed by the Crew Leader of each crew (one per crew), which includes all crewmember names, dates of birth and total payment for all crewmembers registered. Registration fees for the entire crew must be paid in one payment.
- Each crewmember must complete and sign their own USA CREWMEMBER ENTRY FORM.
- The Crew Leader must collect a copy of each participating crewmember’s identification for submission to HHI.
Note: All documents must be submitted to HHI prior to the registration deadline of July 1 in order to avoid the late fee of $100.
USA REGISTRATION FEE: $60 PER CREWMEMBER
- Includes entry into all USA & World Hip Hop Dance Championship events, nightly parties, an official championship t-shirt, a sponsored goodie bag and an invitation to the championship celebration party.
DISCOUNT REGISTRATION FEE (FOR MEGACREW DIVISION ONLY): $35 PER CREWMEMBER
- This discounted rate is for MegaCrew members who are also registered in a crew of 5-9 crewmembers. This discounted fee will only apply for the MegaCrew division and does not apply for any other division (i.e., junior, varsity, adult).
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: JULY 1, 2017
- Entries received after July 1 will incur a $100 late fee. All registration documents (online registration forms, waivers & proof of age copies) must be submitted to HHI prior to July 1 to avoid the late fee of $100 per crew. Deadlines and resulting late fees will be strictly enforced.
For questions, please contact HHI at email@example.com.
ENJOY THE JOURNEY!
Plan to stay the whole week. If your crew places in the top three positions in any division you will advance to compete against crews from 50+ countries in the 2017 World Hip Hop Dance Championship, August 7-12. USA crews and MegaCrews not advancing to the World Championship will receive free entry into all World Hip Hop Dance Championship and World Battles events including the World Finals.
The seven-days of street dance events include meeting and socializing with respected living legends and icons of hip hop dance, dancing in the Chill Down Lounge after the daily competitions have concluded, witnessing the presentation of the Living Legend of Hip Hop Award and participating in the Urban Moves Dance Workshops presented by the most celebrated hip hop dancers and choreographers, and shopping for the latest apparel and merchandise in Hip Hop International’s Marketplace. Above all you will make new friends and meet others from around the world who are equally passionate about hip hop culture and dance.
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS FOR HIP HOP DANCE CHAMPIONSHIP
The USA Hip Hop Dance Championship will be conducted under the official rules and regulations of Hip Hop International – see RULES & REGULATIONS.